about the geek room
coming up [more]
james is out of station until
Please contact Choenyi or Tseten at TibetanITech.com for learning web development, or more about Geek Room!
what is geek room?
A place for learning how to code by making websites.
Please note: "Geek Room" and "Tibetan Geeks" are not businesses; not organisations; and most definitely not any kind of centers of Tibetan tech world. The names represent the people who i serve. That's all!
when: weekdays all day
- mcleod ganj geek room ཟབ་སྦྱོང་
- 10am to 4pm; 6pm to 7.30pm
- subjects: everything web, wordpress, and anything related
- go here for the upcoming schedules
- go here for "Using the Geek Room"
- To schedule session with James: 1) Arrange at least 2 days in advance. 2) Then you must call/sms me before 9am of the day, whether you are coming OR you are not coming.
winter 2015: goa/kerala ཟབ་སྦྱོང་
- time and place to be arranged.
- subjects: probably building/maintaining wordpress sites, but anything web-related can be arranged! Please contact me and let me know.
- Everything is change. [june 2015]
The Geek Room is about coding — programming. Mostly web programming.
Resources for learning everything are here.
It is just an extension of James' own room, big enough for ཟབ་སྦྱོང་། (sabjong) for advanced web development and WordPress, free and open to all, with a focus on serving the Tibetan IT community.
And the room is available for local techies working on IT projects, holding meetings and workshops and classes, coding and reading and thinking. It is located in McLeod Ganj.
you can start here:
"We all talk about 'peace, peace', but peace doesn't fall from the sky. We have to do something to create it. Human beings have to solve their problems themselves. And the right way to create peace is to engage in dialogue."
When asked what makes him happy, he replied that he is happy to be one human being among the 7 billion others.
He gave a teaching about a path in life in which one uses all one's energy in serving others.
— The Dalai Lama, Hamburg, Germany, August 2014
- Do you really think that peace will come
- some other place than here?
- in some other time than now?
- in some other heart than yours?
- — Dorothy Hunt