about the geek room
coming up [more]
when: through 2016
- mcleod ganj geek room ཟབ་སྦྱོང་
- monday through friday, 10am to 5pm
- subjects: advanced web and wordpress
- go here for the upcoming schedules
- go here for "Using the Geek Room"
- (James out of station in August. ཟབ་སྦྱོང་ by email.)
- It is very helpful to me if you can: 1) Arrange at least 2 days in advance.
2) Thencall or sms me before 9 am of the day, to confirm you are coming OR you are not coming.
- Everything is change.
- “The hardest part of teaching someone to code
is the part where you just kinda sit there and think.”
- — @GonzoHacker
The Geek Room is about coding — programming. Mostly web programming.
Resources for learning everything are here.
"Geek Room" and "Tibetan Geeks" is not a business; not an organisation; and most definitely not any kind of center of Tibetan tech world. The names represent the people who i serve. That's all!
It's just a room, big enough for a few people to sit and do advanced web development and WordPress.
The focus is on the power of the free and open Web for the Tibetan people.
"We all talk about 'peace, peace', but peace doesn't fall from the sky. We have to do something to create it. Human beings have to solve their problems themselves. And the right way to create peace is to engage in dialogue."
When asked what makes him happy, he replied that he is happy to be one human being among the 7 billion others.
He gave a teaching about a path in life in which one uses all one's energy in serving others.
— The Dalai Lama, Hamburg, Germany, August 2014
- Do you really think that peace will come
- some other place than here?
- in some other time than now?
- in some other heart than yours?
- — Dorothy Hunt